State-wide NYSG opportunity grants are competitively awarded to support New York primary, secondary, and post-secondary educators and higher education students working on NASA-related projects in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Each applicant can request up to $2,000 in funding, available on a recurring basis during the fiscal year.
How to apply
Funds may be used for activities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Faculty collaboration with NASA researchers
- Payload space on launch vehicles
- Student research mentored by college faculty or professional scientists
- Travel to present at scientific conferences or symposia
- Participation in training or professional development
Grant applications are reviewed based on the activity’s relevance to NASA priorities, the breadth of its impact on science or aerospace technology in NY State, and anticipated impact of funding on the recipient’s career.
To be eligible to apply, grant recipients:
- Must be United States citizens (US permanent residents are ineligible)
- Must be full-time students or faculty members at accredited colleges/universities within NY State (includes community colleges and technical schools), or K-12 STEM teachers (or parent of home-schooled student with an approved individualized home instruction plan – IHIP) within NY State
A table of application due dates is shown below.
|Project Season||Due Date|
|Summer||May 1, 2019|
|Fall||August 1, 2019|
|Spring||December 1, 2019|